Diabetes is a condition that occurs when there is a high amount of sugar (glucose) in your blood. If left untreated, the increased amount of glucose in your blood could lead to several complications including loss of vision, nerve damage, heart damage, kidney failure.
Prevent these complications from developing by:
- Monitoring your blood sugar level regularly. The level of glucose in your blood will notify you if your medication is working well or if you need to make adjustments to your current lifestyle. Also, there’s no need to head on to the lab just to get your blood glucose checked. You can purchase a blood glucose monitoring kit from E & M Pharmacy. It’s easy to use and it allows you to determine your current blood sugar level in a matter of seconds.
- Doing some research. The more you know about your condition, the better you can manage it. There are many ways you can learn about diabetes. You can read some books or articles about the subject, or you can drop by at E & M Pharmacy and ask our pharmacy staff about it!
- Being more conscious of the food you eat.
When you do your groceries, do you take time to review the “Nutrition Facts Label” of the food you eat? The Nutrition Facts Label is the table of information you usually see at the back of each package. It gives you information on the number of portions, carbohydrates, calories, and sugar each food item has. You can use this information to compare food products and choose healthier options.
- Exercising daily. There are so many ways for you to stay physically active, and no, you don’t necessarily have to go to the gym just to stay fit. You can take a walk or go jogging in the morning to burn some calories. If you want to be more productive, you can try walking your dog, doing some chores, cleaning the house or tend to your garden instead. Either way, you will still work up a good amount of sweat.
- Getting enough sleep. It’s not just the number of hours you spend asleep that matters, the quality of sleep you get is important too. Keep your bedroom clean, dim and comfortable to have better sleep.
- Taking your medication as advised. Are you having trouble remembering when to take your medication? No problem, you can prevent this from happening again in future by setting an alarmed reminder on your phone or tablet to notify you. Also, make it a habit to create an inventory, so you don’t run out of medication and skip your schedule.
If you’d like more help with managing your condition, you can drop by at E & M Pharmacy, your Neighborhood pharmacy in Orange, NJ! Our pharmacy staff will gladly assist you with your concerns and give you additional advice and information about diabetes. Come and visit the one stop pharmacy in orange, NJ today!